Building and Leading Teams
In 2003 I was asked by the Institute of Leadership & Management to write “Leading Teams”; subsequently they gave up publishing and the book went out of print. “Building and Leading Teams” is a completely new book that fills the same space – reflecting all the best research and practice and aimed at anyone who is tasked with building and leading a team. Ideal for people on team leader development programmes, it is competitively priced and designed to be accessible and practical.
The sixteen chapters cover all aspects of building and leading teams:
- What’s in a name? – Calling it a team doesn’t make it one
- Team building – Getting the team up and running
- People and roles – The whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- Team dynamics – How people work with each other
- Team conflicts – Why people don’t always get on
- Goals and plans – Where are you heading, and how will you get there?
- Getting the best out of people – Motivating the team to perform well
- Team leading – Is anyone following?
- Inspiring trust – Why people choose to follow
- Doing the right thing – Why ethics matter
- What feels right – Being emotionally intelligent
- Listening and talking – Being a better communicator
- Helping people improve – The leader as personal trainer and coach
- How well is the team doing? – Monitoring performance and giving feedback
- Doing things better – Improving, changing and innovating
- Keeping yourself up to date – Nobody else is responsible for your career but you!
Where can I buy the book?
To buy this book, please contact David Pardey directly:
Telephone: 01749 676733